Monday, October 24, 2016

Success Happens Here!



Finding affordable, accessible, integrated housing is difficult in Memphis


By Tim Redd
It’s no secret that our community, people with disabilities face many challenges. In September I met a woman with a disability who was looking for housing. I provided her with several resources to get started in her housing search. I followed up with her on a weekly basis, offering more information as it was needed.

On October 12th I received the news from the woman that she had found housing would be moving on the 24th of this month. She thanked me for all my help. I am happy to help people and I celebrate her success. MCIL is a place of action and we encourage self-advocacy. I am happy to help empower my community, success happens here!

No comments:

Post a Comment