Friday, February 3, 2017

What's New with MATAplus?

MATAplus and safety


By Bobbie Fields
I use MATAplus on a frequent basis and I often wonder how safe I am. Do you know how many times I have seen drivers and individuals working on the buses to get them running? Just in the past two weeks, there were two incidents where a

Bobbie Fields
bus blew a tire while going down the street.  

I've seen MATA work on ramps, lifts, seats and restraints to get the buses back in service. With all I have seen, it makes me wonder how the taxes for our transportation services are spent and if MATA is effectively looking after our safety on the bus. MATA patrons are literally putting our lives on the line every day.


MATAplus continues to promise us that they have our best interests at heart. They promise to provide us with safe, clean buses and trained drivers. I am still waiting for them to fulfill that promise.


As a rider of MATAplus, you can call and ask about their maintenance schedule for the buses. You can ask how often the tires are checked, you may ask about regular tune-ups and oil changes. I know life is a gamble already but I would like to see more evidence that safety is important to MATA.

Ron Garrison of MATA

No comments:

Post a Comment